Special Events Permits

The City is excited you are interested in hosting a special event in Mill Creek.

As defined in the Mill Creek Municipal Code, a special event means:

(1) any event which is conducted in whole or in part on public property or on public rights-of-way or easements; or
(2) any event held on private property but which would have a direct and significant impact on ordinary traffic congestion or traffic flow to and from the event over public streets or rights-of-way; or which would significantly affect public streets or rights-of-way near the event; or which would significantly affect the need for city-provided emergency services such as police, fire or medical aid.


Special events may include, but are not limited to, fun runs, roadway foot races, fundraising walks, auctions, bike-a-thons, parades, carnivals, shows, filming/movie events, circuses, block parties and fairs.

How to Submit an Event Permit

1. Download and fill out a Special Event Permit.
2. Submit the Special Event Permit with a non-refundable permit fee.
3. City Staff will review the permit and make a determination of applicable fees for use of City equipment or additional staff time
4. Status of Permit: Applicant receives approval or denial of the permit
5. Internal Coordination: City staff will coordinate a meeting with the applicant



Contact Information

Parks & Recreation Department
[email protected]